What to Do If You Have Been Wrongfully Terminated in New Jersey

Wrongful termination means that you are a hard worker and always dedicated to your work, but you got terminated without any valid reason. The main question is, what will you do if you are wrongfully terminated? In New Jersey, seeking legal assistance from employment lawyer Ravi Sattiraju, will benefit you. With valuable legal guidance, it can be in your best interests. In this blog, you will learn what to do if you have been wrongfully terminated in New Jersey.

  1. Understand New Jersey employment laws.

The first thing you must do if you are wrongfully terminated is go through the employment laws of New Jersey and understand what policies and laws have been mentioned in terms of wrongful termination. In addition, you must go through your company policies and your contract. If you think that you have not violated any of those policies and rules, then you should move on to the next step.

  1. Document everything

Now that you are aware that you have not violated any policies yet, you are terminated without any valid reason. Therefore, start collecting evidence like your promotion letters, your overall status letter, your emails regarding termination, and your termination letter. 

You must also try to find out the real reason behind your wrongful termination, like office politics, discrimination, or racism. This will all help you build up a strong case against your employer. 

  1. Hire an employment lawyer.

After documenting all the evidence, the next step you should take is to hire the best employment attorney for your case. Make sure your attorney has a positive track record and good experience with your type of case. With the help of your attorney, you can go through the legal process and preserve your rights. However, you must have a background check-up on your attorney.

  1. File a report

After a deep conversation with your attorney, you must file a complaint against your company. However, you can file a report to your HR or many organizations, especially those working on preserving the rights of employees who are wrongfully terminated or facing other issues at their workplace. Your employment lawyer will do all the paperwork and build a strong case against your company or employer.

  1. Alternative for solution

Filing a report to your HR, other organizations, or court can cost you money and time. However, mediation is the best alternative for you, where you will save enough money and time. With your attorney by your side, have a good negotiation, and do not sign any documents or conditions without your attorney’s approval.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *